PlatoPay – Credit Card Policy
Dear Patients of Paddington Medical Clinic
Paddington Medical Clinic has implemented a policy requiring patients to leave a credit card on file for teleconsultation services. Holding credit cards on file is a standard practice for hospitals and hotels, and is done for your convenience and to ensure that billing can be completed.
Your card will only be billed in the following circumstances:
- Rejected Insurance Claims: Insurance companies are increasingly transferring costs to you, the patient. Some insurance plans may not cover certain items, or may require deductibles/co-payments that are unknown at the time of treatment. This new payment system would thus allow us to recover the costs which have been rejected by the insurance companies.
- Outstanding Debt: We sometimes allow patients to partially pay for a service, or pay a deposit first before covering the rest of cost of a service at a later date. Holding your card on file enables us to complete payment for these service(s) or treatments.
- Patient Convenience: We understand it’s difficult to return to the clinic to make a payment, especially when you’re not feeling well. Holding your credit card on file will spare you the inconvenience of coming down to the clinic to make a payment (especially if you live overseas).
- Breaking an Expensive Bill into Smaller Pieces: Treatments and services may be difficult to pay off in one transaction. If you prefer to pay in several smaller transactions, you can do that on a weekly or monthly basis with the credit card on file.
Paddington Medical Clinic will not charge you until we have informed you of an invoice to be billed and only after you have authorized us to do so.
Paddington Medical Clinic will only charge you in the following circumstances:
- If you authorize a payment – if you have an outstanding payment due to the clinic, and don’t want to have to come down to the clinic to settle it, you can ask that your card on file be charged. As well, if you authorize a weekly or monthly payment, your card will be charged.
- If your debt at the clinic is older than 90 days old – If you have an invoice owed to the clinic that is over 90 days old, the clinic will finalize the invoice, inform you of the outstanding debt and complete payment with your card on file with your authorization.
- If your insurance claim is rejected – In the event your insurance claim is rejected, the clinic will inform you of the rejected claim and proceed to charge the card on file with the clinic with your authorization.
When your card on file is charged, the clinic will mail you your invoice and receipt for your own records.
Your card will be held on a PCI-DSS compliant service. PCI-DSS is the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS), a standard adopted by e-payment providers to protect your credit card information.
This Website is maintained by Paddington Medical Clinic, a medical clinic fully owned by Paddington Medical Private Limited.
The materials located on this Web Site including the information and software programs (the Contents), are protected by copyright, trademark and other forms of proprietary rights. All rights, title and interest in the Contents are owned by, licensed to or controlled by Paddington Medical Private Limited.
Restrictions on use of Materials
Except as otherwise provided, the Contents of this Web Site shall not be reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise distributed in any way, without the prior written permission of Paddington Medical Clinic.
Modification of any of the Contents or use of the Contents for any other purpose will be a violation of the Paddington Medical Clinic’s copyright and other intellectual property rights. Graphics and images on this Web Site are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without written permission of Paddington Medical Clinic.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
The Contents of this Web Site are provided on an ‘as is’ basis without warranties of any kind. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Paddington Medical Clinic does not warrant and hereby disclaims any warranty:
(a) as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability, timeliness, non-infringement, title, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of the Contents of this Web Site;
(b) that the Contents available through this Web Site or any functions associated therewith will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected or that this Web Site and the server is and will be free of all viruses and/or other harmful elements. In this connection, you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. You are advised not to rely on the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any Content without further investigation and / or evaluation on your part.
Paddington Medical Clinic shall also not be liable for any damage or loss of any kind caused as a result (direct or indirect) of the use of the Web Site, including but not limited to any damage or loss suffered as a result of reliance on the Contents contained in or available from the Web Site.
Right of Access
Paddington Medical Clinic reserves all rights to deny or restrict access to this Web Site to any particular person, or to block access from a particular Internet address to this Web Site, at any time, without ascribing any reasons whatsoever.
Links from this Website to other websites
This Web Site may contain hyperlinks to web sites which are not maintained by the Paddington Medical Clinic. Paddington Medical Clinic is not responsible for the contents of those web sites and shall not be liable for any damages or loss arising from access to those websites. Use of the hyperlinks and access to such websites are entirely at your own risk.
Hyperlinks to other websites are provided as a convenience. In no circumstances shall Paddington Medical Clinic be considered to be associated or affiliated with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on web sites to which this Web Site is linked.
Links to this Website from other websites
Except as set forth below, caching and links to, and the framing of this Web Site or any of the Contents are prohibited.
You must secure permission from Paddington Medical Clinic prior to hyperlinking to, or framing, this Web Site or any of the Contents, or engaging in similar activities. Paddington Medical Clinic reserves the right to impose conditions when permitting any hyperlinking to, or framing of this Web Site or any of the Contents.
In no circumstances shall the Paddington Medical Clinic be considered to be associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on web sites that link to this Web Site or any of the Contents.
Paddington Medical Clinic reserves all rights to disable any links to, or frames of any site containing inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topics, names, material or information, or material or information that violates any written law, any applicable intellectual property, proprietary, privacy or publicity rights.
Paddington Medical Clinic reserves the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames and disclaims any responsibility for the content available on any other site reached by links to or from this Web Site or any of the Contents.